Emory SAAC (Student Activity & Academic Center)
1946 Starvine Way, Decatur, GA 30033
Given the many unknowns we currently face in the COVID19 pandemic, the Action Cycling Atlanta Board of Directors has cancelled the 2020 AIDS Vaccine 200 ride. This was a heart-wrenching decision, but the health and safety of our riders, volunteers, and supporters is our greatest responsibility. We will continue to fundraise, support and advocate for our beneficiaries through our Field Day event, which is planned for Fall 2020. Thank you for your commitment to providing hope for all, and we’ll see you in the fall!
FORM A TEAM
Come be a part of a great cause - have fun while you give back to the community! Click to join!
JOIN A TEAM
Need to find your friend's team or looking for a team? Join up and we'll see you at the event!
Help us make a great step towards finding the cure for AIDS! Let's end this struggle together!
Field Day is our grown-up version of the most awesome school games from your childhood. We’ll have 3-legged races, hula-hoops, tug-of-war, dizzy lizzy, relay races, and plenty of other fun games throughout the day. Gather with a group of your friends or co-workers & register your team, start fundraising, and get ready for some good old fashioned fun and friendly competition. Teams can accumulate points by winning games and also by fundraising for the chance to win the coveted Field Day Championship title!
Action Cycling Atlanta is proud to present the return of Field Day in April 2020.
How can you get involved?
Team Captain. Each team should consist of 8+ participants who are ready to have some fun! Click on the Form a Team button and as team captain you can start your team registration. Once you’ve set up your team, register as a participant, customize your team page in the participant center, and you can add teammates. Get your team setup today!! Maybe your restaurant, bar, or organization would like to challenge another to create a team and compete! Let’s have some fun and raise some money for a great cause!!
Team Member. Click on the Join a Team button, select your team, and enter the team password. Once you’re set up, customize your participant page in the participant center and you can begin raising money for a great cause.
Volunteer. We are grateful for our volunteers and will need help on the day of the event in the following areas: setup, break down, running the event, medical, referees, etc. If you would like to join our Field Day committee, we'd love to have you. We meet once a month to plan Field Day and other promotional events that we host.
Who are the Beneficiaries?
Action Cycling Atlanta, an all-volunteer, 501(c) 3 non-profit, dedicated to ending HIV/AIDS. Using friendship, respect and sportsmanship to inspire our community toward a world where HIV/AIDS is a part of history. To achieve this mission, ACA produces two events each year: the AIDS Vaccine 200 (AV200), and new in 2018, Field Day. In its 16-year history, ACA has raised more than $2.8 million for AIDS vaccine research at the Emory Vaccine Center and other Atlanta-area AIDS service organizations.
Hearts Everywhere Reaching Out (H.E.R.O.) for Children, Inc. currently serves more than 350 kids with more than 250 volunteers. The organization’s unique mission includes children who are affected by HIV/AIDS. An affected child is someone who has an infected parent, sibling, residential relative or has lost a relative to HIV/AIDS related complications. Approximately 33 % of HERO children are HIV positive and the other 67% are affected. Nearly 25% of HERO children have lost a parent to HIV/AIDS- related complications. H.E.R.O. serves a majority low-income population, and does not charge a fee to parents/guardians for any of its services or programs.